SIGNED COVENT GARDEN PROGRAMMES
Andrew Medlicott, a former Secretary and Chairman of the Wagner Society, has bequeathed various items to the society including copies of Wagner and Wagner News (enough to give us an almost complete run of both publications) and, amongst other items, a number of mainly 1960s signed Covent Garden Programmes.
It has been requested that these are auctioned for the benefit of the Bayreuth Bursary and therefore we are holding a silent auction during September to ensure that we achieve the very best value for these unique items.
Silent Auction Rules
- Closing date for bids – 12noon on Sunday 30th September 2018
- Bids must be made at the stated reserve prices or above them in multiples of £5
- Bids may be submitted with a maximum amount (i.e. please bid up to £x only) and the treasurer will bid on behalf of members
- Bids must be sent by email to email@example.com and clearly state “SILENT AUCTION” in the subject field
- Bids will be entered in strict order of timed receipt
- Members may bid on any or all items
- Bidders will be informed of their current position and of the final results by email.
- Details of the current position of the auction will be maintained on the website
- Payment will be required prior to despatch of items to the winning bidders (the Wagner Society will cover postage costs)
|1||10th October 1959||Gotterdammerung||Moedl and Frick||£25||£25|
|2||21st September 1960||Die Walkure||Hotter||£25||£25|
|3||7th March 1961||Fidelio||Jurinac and Morison||£25|
|4||16th March 1961||Ondine||Margot Fonteyn||£50|
|5||5th June 1961||Boris Godunov||Christoff, Langdon, Evans||£25||£25|
|6||12th June 1961||Lucia di Lammermoor||Sutherland||£25|
|7||3rd October 1960||Das Rheingold||Kraus and Boese||£25||£25|
|8||4th October 1960||Die Walkure||Kempe and Nilsson||£50||£25|
|9||12th January 1971||Turandot||Nilsson, King, Vaughan||£50|